Job Description: Care Lead
• To maintain care skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain practices as up-to-date.
• To provide leadership to the care functions of Larchfield House.
• To provide care in accordance with current best practices, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
• To supervise the care services within Larchfield House in accordance with agreed standards.
Management of the Organisation:
• Develop effective working relationships with the Manager of Larchfield House.
• Support an open, positive and inclusive management culture.
• Participate in the development of Larchfield House’s policies.
• Participate in the evaluation of Larchfield House against agreed organisational goals, as well as business and quality objectives.
• Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
• Minimise legal risks.
• Participate in the maintenance of Larchfield House’s management information systems.
• Assist in the formulation and implementation of care policies and procedures.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of Larchfield House.
• Act within Larchfield House’s budget based on Larchfield House’s objectives and within the projected revenue.
• Work in a cost-effective manner.
• Be involved in the implementation and maintenance of Larchfield House’s quality assurance programme.
• Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
• Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
Management of Care Services:
• Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for the care practice.
• Assist in the assessment of the effectiveness of care implementation and delivery
• Implement action to meet and maintain care standards.
• Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for Resident therapeutic care.
• Ensure that Resident rights are protected
• Encourage a model of self-care and Resident rehabilitation.
• Evaluate Care Plans.
• Evaluate standards of care competence.
Professional Long-term Care Leadership:
• Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of care.
• Encourage health promotion within care strategies.
• Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• Promote a positive image for residency/services provided and employment within Larchfield House.
Management of the Human Resources:
• Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
• Assist individual staff members to develop in their roles and levels of compliance with agreed standards.
• Support the implementation of Larchfield House’s policies and procedures.
• Support the effective resolution of team conflicts.
• Support a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life.
• Support and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.
• RQF Diploma Level 3.